Dropshare 5.8 and newer
To create an FTP/FTPS connection in Dropshare for Mac, first enter the preferences. Switch to the Connection tab, and create a new connetion.
Select the FTP/FTPS tab for your connection, and enter all required information:
- Enter the server address (FQDN) or IP address. If you need to specify a custom port, do so: "hostname:port".
- Enter your FTP user name
- Enter your FTP password
- Enter the path where the uploads should be saved, relative from the FTP root
- Enter the URL where the uploads can be reached (the public URL to the FTP directory)
- Choose whether to use FTPS (AUTH SSL). You should always prefer encrypted connections!
- Choose whether to use passive mode
Press Test Connection to make sure Dropshare is able to connect to the FTP server and successfully upload files.