To create a SCP over SSH connection in Dropshare for Mac, first enter the preferences. Switch to the Connection tab, and create a new or use an existing connetion.
Select the SCP over SSH tab for your connection, and enter all required information:
- Enter the FQDN / IP address of the server
- Enter the SSH user account name
- If you wish to use password / keyboard-interactive authentication, enter the SSH user password. In case you want to use public key authentication, enter the passphrase for your private key (if a passphrase is required)
- Optional: If you want to use public key authentication, select the public and private key for the given SSH account.
- Enter the absolute path on the server where Dropshare for Mac should save your uploads at
- Enter the URL for the path given above
Press Save to update your information. We recommend to test the connection to make sure Dropshare is able to connect to your server and successfully upload files.
Important when using SSH keys
Dropshare does only support SSH keys in the PEM format. When generating SSH keys, do not use the -o parameter.
Dropshare 4 and newer
Dropshare validates the SSH host key before sending your credentials to it. Read more about this here.
Not sure what server provider you want to use to host your uploads with Dropshare? We strongly recommend DigitalOcean, which also hosts Dropshare Sync and Dropshare Safe. Sign up here and get $10 in account balance. (Referral link)